Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dr Watson Error when installation of Client Sybase

Status
Not open for further replies.

dummyspy

Vendor
May 18, 2004
MY
hi...

my client is using win2k and when i try to load my client 4.0(for my 4.2 server) I always got the Dr Watson error when they try to install Sybase. Is there anyone know what is the cause for this?

If I remember correctly WIN2k was a very locked down OS. One of the least flexible OS's they've put out. Did it fail during a regular client install or were you installing the Sybase manually from the disk?

I remember an issue with the DAO(Database Access Objects)drives being older than the ones already on the system. There was a certain issue of the DAO that wouldn't work with the Symposium Sybase Drivers. I think symposium required 3.50 or less and pretty much anytime you loaded Microsoft Office Suite it updated you past 3.50.

That was with much earlier editions of Symposium though. If you haven't tried loading the Sybase software manually I would try that. If you have, try working with a clean system and load symposium before anything else. That should allow for the dll's to update properlly as the drivers get updated with other applications.

It should work if done manually.It is sybase 5 that doesnt work with win2k.AJK

hi hi... i had tried installing it via the client sybase software.. but got the same error... don know what could be the problem. This is a clean client without any SCCS client before but they did install some Oracle software before.

I used to be in the same boat - a trick I learnt was to copy the ASE12clt folder from the install CD locally to the client (pending on user rights try this logged in as an admin), run the setup from the client then continue as normal with your symposium install.

Works for me every time [bigglasses]

Hope this helps

Q

Hi,

last idea is the good one - had same problem on SCCS client.
There was a bug on Pentium IV with W2K, too, and which was giving the same problem, during the Sybase installation.

You had to change the JRE release to 1.1, in the Sybase subdirectory (after making a copy of the original directory on harddrive).

Hope it will help.
Good afternoon

PG

The problem with P4 W2K was resolved with Client revision 6.2. Part number NT9F43AE, March 2003.

TWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back