Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DPR-ERR-2080 Firewall Security Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

donb410

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
US
Although this topic has been posted before, no solution has been documented as of today.
I am running Cognos ReportNet 1.1 on SUN using WebLogic 8.14 SP3. CRN runs fine for WebLogic Portal, deployed additional WebLogic Server and redeployed CRN under the server and the following error occurs: First, I never get the message that the dispatcher is ready.

actual message:
An error has occurred.
DPR-ERR-2080 Firewall Security Error. A security firewall
error occurred. Error status (0)
'1203, 1208, 401, 442, 404'
end of actual message

I updated the jce to 1.2.2 even though we are using Java (jre) 1.4.2_05_b04 as the COGNOS advisory stated. I also switched the 'enable CAF' in the configuration. We normally run False, but I tried both settings and had the same poor result. Additionally, I also copied a certs directory from the portal domain to the server domain. Further, after I made all these changes, I stopped the server domain CRN and restarted the portal domain CRN and the portal domain CRN came up without any errors. Any help or suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,
Don
(Perpetual Innovations, LLC)

I think I've posted this here before, but I would ensure that in your configuration you always have server names, URLs etc entered consistently. eg. Check that one one machine you aren't referencing a URL as and one another machine as or

In my experience, I have almost always found that this is the cause of the error (regardless of whether you have the CAF turned on or off).

J

JGirl:

Thanks for responding, I had followed your suggestions posted earlier, but that was not the cause of the problem.
As always, I do appreciate your input, advice and suggestions! In this case, the weblogic guys had hardcoded the folder for the location of the LDAP authentication in Cognos Configuration. Since only one weblogic comes up, the other can not be running. So our new running 'server' could not access the LDAP of the other 'portal'. Once we tracked this down and changed it, everything worked as it should. I had noted the two additional numbers output by the error messages I was receiving and hoped they would provide more of a clue.
It was really an 'unable to locate authenticator' type error. Thanks again for the response, and I hope my response will help someone in the future.

Thanks,
Don
(Perpetual Innovations, LLC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back