Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dpi question ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flavor4real

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
US
hello, hope y'all doing good. question,... in what quality do i have to develope or export the images/graphics from A. Photoshop to import in AE 6.0 ?? 72 is standart for web, can i go with 72 for video production too?

thanks

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::: 55-Studio.com :::::::::::

since you arent printing, dpi is irrelevant. what is relevant is the actual size in pixels.

oh ok, i didn't know that ..thank ..and what is a good size to start working on a TVproject? like 800/600 pixel... ?

I generally use 720x480 for video projects, but 800x600 or so should give you pretty good resolution for t.v.

so,..720x480 or 800x600 for video projects is a good choice. whar about the images u design in photoshop? 72 dpi or 150 dpi or 300 dpi or more,... what is the best for video? or does it matter at all???

doesnt matter.

and for the resolution.
If u arent zooming in use the resolution of the videoformat and the images will match perfectly without any need for scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back