Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downsizing access to Macola 7.6.300C Pervasive v9

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb4wzz

Technical User
Sep 28, 2012
Going from server with 8 workstations to Macola on one workstation dedicated to Macola with or without server. Current server is running Windows 2003. Worksstation is WinXP. Would like to speak with anyone who has accomplished this, including VARs in Northern New Jersey. Can anyone help or direct me?

I think they are just wondering if they can down size from a client server model to a single PC. As dgillz advised more information about the enviroment would help but 98% chance you should be able too.

Currently running Macola 7.3.600c, Pervasive PSQL v9 on a Windows 2003 server. Can I install this on a stand alone workstation running Windows XP? I have the original PSQL v9 CD. I don't know what other info you need. I would like to contract with someone to help as I am not an IT person but a user put into the position of having to make this happen. I am in Northern New Jersey.

Yes you should be able to do this but you'll need the license for PSQL 9 not just the CD. Same with Macola, you'll need the CDs and the license (regist70.dat).

Software Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back