Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading the Config on Partner Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwebb

Technical User
May 12, 2005
US
Does anyone have relatively detailed instructions on how to download/backup the config on Partner Messaging to a file? I am sure that there has already been this question somewhere in the forum but as this is an emergency replacement, I need the answer as quickly as possible. My issue is my messaging module dies but instead of rebuilding the system I want to try to retrieve the config if possible.

Are you looking to do more archiving than what the back-up/restore PCMCIA card normally does [ponder]

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

not sure of the release. There is no PCMIA card on this system, so backups are internal. Does it actually save the messaging configuration in this file? I have woked on Partners for several years now, but this is a new task as I usually do the installations and MAC work. Thanks guys.

When you say there is no PCMCIA card on this system, do you mean that in regard to the Voice Mail? Because if so, you aren't dealing with Partner Messaging.

If it IS Partner Messaging, there will be a license card which gives you your 2, 4, or 6 ports. Once you know the release, you will download the correct programming GUI, set the IP address of your PC to 10.0.0.41, use an ethernet crossover cable to connect to the LAN port on the Messaging, then there are Backup and Restore buttons on the top pane of the GUI. It will be self explanatory, and intuitive to use.

I misunderstood the question... There is a 4 port vm card in the messaging module. If I am understanding correctly, then once the module itself is replaced, then all the programming I need is contained on the PCMIA card and no further programming should be needed, correct?

not necessarily.
login to admin at a phone and hit 7 instead of 9. That will report the release.

Thank you all for the replies. I did however have to rebuild the voicemail system as I was never able to connect to the system successfully via Hyperterm nor LAN port. Any extra help for future issues is greatly appreciated. BTW, it is a release 7, now.

The port license card in the Partner Messaging is also a Backup/Resotre card for the voice mail. It will only back up the Auto Attendants (and their recordings), and the mailboxes as far as which mailboxes have been created, but not their recordings or messages. So, if you are replacing with the same release, you can go to option 8 in the System Administrator's mailbox, and select backup on the old one, then restore on the new one.

if you want to backup everything then you need to go into the system through the LAN port (default address 10.0.0.42) and log into the system with sysadmin and the admin password then you can do a backup onto the PC you connect with, but it is a royal pain and takes quite a long time if you chose to backup all the messages and greetings and not just the bare minimum. All you need is normally the stuff that is backed up into the card, user greetings and messages are not THAT important

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back