Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading SQL Anywhere database into Access 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondsc

Programmer
Jun 28, 2001
US
I need to download data from an SQL Anywhere database into a Microsoft Access database. I do not have SQL Anywhere, someone has sent me the file and wants the data transferred. I have both Access 97 and 2000. Any suggestions? Thanks.

What kind of file did they send you. Is it the actuall Anywhere dB or is a text file containing the table data. If it is the Anywhere dB, then you need to have SQL Anywhere installed on your system, else you cannot use the db. If it is a text file, you should be able to look at it in WordPad or some other editor. You can then import it into Access after setting the appropriate tables up.

Not being familiar with SQL Anywhere as such, I can only suggest you get a "evaluation" copy and see if that helps. If not, it will be almost impossible to access the data without some serious de-compiling work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back