Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading SharePoint 2007 trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael71

MIS
Oct 17, 2006
I tried downloading SharePoint 2007 trial and it will not properly open. Before I download SharePoint 2007, do I need to download windows 2003 server, SP1 and XP Professional. I have XP home edition. Will that cause a problem. I really want to try it out. Also, what about MOSS. Please help.

Hi,

On what Operating system are you trying to install SharePoint 2007 on?
It requires a Windows 2003 Server operating system for the Server part, but for the client part it should work with XP Home edition, since you mainly are using a web browser and your Office applications to work with sharepoint.

Cheers,
Thomas

I have XP Home edition, but don't have windows server 2003. Can I download a trial of that on my lab top as well? If so what service packs will I need for downloading the windows server 2003.

I would like to download SPS 2007 and Windows 2K3. What is the price of both if I purchased them?

Thousands...like $5000+ for legit licenses. Literally. MOSS 2007, you can get away with the trial version. I don't know of any win2k3 trials. If you're really serious about this stuff it might be more beneficial to pick up an msdn license instead which gives you developer licenses to everything microsoft makes.

How do a person suppose to practice it. Can you tell me a way I can practice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back