Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading images 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjulie

Technical User
Jun 23, 2001
ZA
When I download jpg or jpeg images and save, I can only save as a windows bitmap. I am not given any other options. This started two days ago. Prior to this I could save the image as a jpeg. What's happened.

Win98? hope so

One of the best things about 98, is that it keeps a backup of the registry for the past 5 days, or more with ini file editting. Re-loading the system will not fix registry errors.

Try hitting F8 on startup, choose command prompt only. At the c: prompt, type:
cd\windows\command
then type:
scanreg /restore
and choose a date 3 days ago.
===========================================================

Or

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format if Username:password Is Part of the URL

------------------------------------------------------------
The information in this article applies to:

Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 for Windows 95
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 for Windows 98
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 for Windows 98 Second Edition
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 for Windows NT 4.0
Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 for Windows 2000

------------------------------------------------------------

SYMPTOMS
When you use the Save Picture As option for a graphics file in Microsoft Internet Explorer, you are only allowed to save the file as a BMP file, even if the file is in another format, for example, GIF or JPEG.

CAUSE
This issue can occur when you connect to a Web site using an address that contains username:password. For example, the server is accessed through instead of
WORKAROUND
To work around this behavior, you should enter the Web site address without including username:password as part of the address.

You can also save the file in BMP format, and then covert the file to the desired file format using a graphics editor.

STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a problem in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this article.

reghakr

Thanks for the speedy response. My fault ....I forgot to mention the OS. It's Millenium.

To restore the registry in Windows ME:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type: scanregw /restore
Click OK.
A dialog box appears recommending that you close all open applications, and asks whether you want to continue. When you are ready, click Yes.
From the list in the Restore System Registry dialog box, click the registry backup that you want to restore.
Notes

Restoring the registry may not restore your entire computer system to a prior state. If you want to restore your entire computer system, you'll want to use System Restore. For more information, click Related Topics below.
The list of registry backups is organized by date and time.

reghakr

Your temporary internet file folder is full. Empty it by clicking tools, internet options and then click the delete files button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back