Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading Element Manager Directly From a BCM 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

exsmogger

Vendor
Oct 23, 2002
US
Since the BCM Application Launcher depends on Java to operate it has become difficult if not impossible to download Element Manager from the BCM without an older Java enabled browser. I dug around in the file structure and discovered a way to bypass the Application Launcher and download directly from the BCM.

First, enter the following into your browser's address bar: IP address>/apps/public/bem_config.xml

The browser will return the following info:

<config>
<application name="Business Element Manager" folder="BEM" version="62.0.3-bcmsusemfw60ad06">
<exec path="bin" name="run.bat"/>
<download url="/apps/public/EM-62.0.3.zip" name="Local BCM"/>
</application>
</config>

The 4th line tells me the name and location of Element Manager is /apps/public/EM-62.0.3.zip

To download Element Manager you then enter into the browser's address bar: IP address>/apps/public/EM-62.0.3.zip

This example is from a BCM50 R6, so your results will vary depending upon the release of the BCM.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

And another, I just went down that road a few days ago.

I might add an index file there and see what happens.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I went through this with a customer on Friday, which motivated me to find another way. All of the BCM apps are located in that same folder and can also be downloaded directly. Here is the list from the BCM50 R6:

CallPilotDesktopMessaging.exe
CallPilotDesktopMessagingIJSG.exe
CallPilotDesktopMessagingIJSG_x64.exe
CallPilotDesktopMessaging_x64.exe
CallPilotUnifiedMessagingFaxCoverSheets.exe
CallPilotUnifiedMessagingFaxCoverSheets_x64.exe
DAPro.exe
EM-62.0.3.zip
LanCteClient.exe
MMCC.exe
PersonalCallManager.exe
ReportingforContactCenter.exe
i2050QoSService.exe
i2050SoftwarePhone.exe
ipViewSoftwareWallboard.exe

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

In doing some more research it looks like the above method in the original post will only work for R5 or R6. The files are different in earlier versions of BCM. On an R3 the path to Element Manager is:
IP address>/apps/private/BusinessElementMgrInstaller.exe This path should work on all older Linux version BCM's

Here are a few more apps available on the R5 or R6 in the IP address>/apps/private/ folder:

ActivityReporterClient.exe
BCMMonitor.zip
BCMRadius.zip
CallPilotUnifiedMessagingLotusServerTools.exe
CdrClientInstaller.exe
DAProAE.exe
Putty.exe

I will make another post with the file paths on a BCM50 R3 & BCM400 R4 I have available.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Application paths for the R3 public folder are IP address>/apps/public/

DAPro.exe
DesktopAssistant.exe
i2050QoSService.exe
i2050SoftwarePhone.exe
LanCteClient.exe
MMCC.exe
PersonalCallManager.exe

Application paths for the R3 private folder are IP address>/apps/private/

ActivityReporterClient.exe
BCMMonitor.exe
BCMRadius.zip
BusinessElementMgrInstaller.exe
CdrClientInstaller.exe
DAProAE.exe
Putty.exe

Application paths for the BCM400 R4 public folder are IP address>/apps/public/

DAPro.exe
DesktopAssistant.exe
i2050QoSService.exe
i2050SoftwarePhone.exe
LanCteClient.exe
MultimediaCallCenter.exe
PersonalCallManager.exe

Application paths for the For the BCM400 R4 private folder are IP address>/apps/private/

BCMMonitor.exe
BCMRadius.zip
BusinessElementMgrInstaller.exe
CdrClientInstaller.exe
DAProAE.exe
Putty.exe

I am assuming that the BCM50 R1 & R2 are the same as the R3 application file paths. This should get you around any Java issues and allow you to download the appropriate app from any version BCM.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Well thanks a lot!
I guess I need to add more bloody sheets to the workbook I just made then.
I have attached for those whom need, link is further below.

Will update post when it's updated....enough for one day lol.

Thanks for the dirty work.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Ok I have updated exsmoggers links to the spreadsheet (v2)

Download here

Let us know if a link does not work or if a link is missing and your release of BCM.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I like the effort fella's!

However, you have 62.0.3 in the link... is 62.0.5 not available?
I'm following all of your different suggestions (here and in your faq) and still not able to get EM to recognize a bcm. Windows 10... with several java versions loaded, uninstalled, loaded again.
Oh how I long for the days of yore...
Ha.

Thanks
I think it was released for those whom had a slight issue but I forget what the circumstances were.
If your having issues then start your own thread and give as much info as you can and what you have done so we can assist.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

This was intended as a way to download Business Element Manager directly from a BCM and avoid the headaches with Java. 62.0.3 is the latest version available from an R6 BCM50/450. 62.0.5 is available from if you have a Java enabled browser. I keep Internet Explorer 8 around for such cases.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

62.0.5 was only released separately to fix an EM hang issue when dealing with an FPGA patch otherwise there is absolutely no other difference between 62.0.3 and 62.0.5

I came back to this thread because I couldn't find the excel file above on my PC...lol?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

FPGA is a programmable chip - the BCM software writes an image to the FPGA to program the chip to perform time critical voice path related tasks. You cannot really brick a BCM (or a base tray) by updating an FPGA image on the hard drive or by writing the image to the chip. The FPGA can be always updated to another (correct) image.

I cannot recall if that or both.

62.0.5 is for those whom had this issue:

Element Manager hangs when FPGA patch is applied.
In the FPGA patch, BCM is rebooting through the FPGA script and
not through the patch script.
Element Manager enables the close button on the
Applying/Initializing progress update message box which allows
the user to close the message box to avoid Element Manager from
hanging.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

ucxguy, I know what FPGA is. A friend of mine has bricked two BCM450's with the same patch. The system powers up and down 3 times and then dies. Nothing displays on the serial connection after patching. I've also tried new hard drives and power supplies to no avail. I finally had to give up and buy another base tray to get the system running again. Maybe it's a freaky coincidence, but when the system won't boot there's nothing one can do.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

On BCMs (both 50 and 450), there are two images that are written to the board - FPGA and UBOOT. The first is used once the system is up and needs to do voice path processing. The second is the bootloader. If the base tray was not able to boot after the patch was applied, I would suspect a problem with the UBOOT image (or its environment). Corrupting the UBOOT image would effectively "brick" the board. Well, the UBOOT image could be corrected, but not without proper tools and detailed knowledge of BCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back