Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downloading configuration from Norstar 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettsns

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2009
US
I'm wondering if there is a way to download the configuration from a Nortel Norstar system into a text document or something. I would like to have a view of the config so I can see what DN's are associated with what hunt groups and so on. Does anyone know of a way to do this without going through the config on my phone?

Honestly I have no idea. I inherited this system when I took the job and know very little about it. Thank you for any help!

The book I have is for Modular ICS 4.0 if that helps.

Yep MICS 4.0

You need 2 things

1. R.A.D. (Remote Access Device) installed onto the system using a digital port like a phone.
2. N.R.U. (Norstar Remote Utilities) software installed onto laptop

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thank you! I'll see what I can come up with.

I'm dialed into the system but now what do I do?

My goodness that was fast!

Open the correct workbook where you installed NRU, then save it as CompanyName.xls
Usualy C:\Program Files\Nortel Networks\ICSRT\Workbook

Select Acquire from top of Excel feild, fill in as much details you know about the system then select or highlite the option you want to extract....dont do everything or it will take hours.
make sure to enable Macro's

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back