Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

download problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

texavery991

Technical User
Sep 27, 2001
GB
I use Windows 98 and connect to the net through AOL . After downloading some stuff from the web I found I had problems downloading and I thought I might have picked up a virus. I have checked my system on Symantec and it says no virus I have also checked with AVG same answer. The problem seems now to revolve around downloads. Every time I try to download, the dialogue box appears then quickly disappears, if I am quick enough I can catch it and click ok the next box appears asking me where I want to save the file, but as soon as I click ok it too disappears. When I open Download Accelerator it closes immediately. Is there any setting that would cause this or is it possible for a virus to be deleted but leave undetectable problems behind, that's scary. I have uninstalled AOL and tried with another ISP but the same thing happens.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Try the following.
Uninstall Download Accelerator.
Then goto add remove programs and highlight Internet Explorer and click add/remove. This will give you a repair option. Use the repair option. (You could also run msinfo32 and goto tools and use the Internet Explorer Repair tool.) Reboot the machine anhd reinstall download Accelerator.
Regards Please provide feedback, good or bad.
And I'm always open to new suggestions or ideas.

Regards

Thanks for that, but in the meantime I discovered the problem was an ad killer program called Nopops it was killing the dialogue box, so I killed Nopops and everything is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back