Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Download Data into Micros 3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefEncore

Technical User
Nov 18, 2015
US
Greetings!

I've been using MyMicros for a few years now to manage multi-unit restaurant POS. Twice it has crapped out on me at a very crucial time (it didn't download info on new menu day, leaving us with useless POS since there were no new menu items). It also seems like a lot of mouse clicks and keyboard strokes. I know larger chains that use Micros don't operate this way. Can someone please point me in the direction I'm looking for? I want to be able to edit our database, possibly remotely, and then download it into our locations at the given time. I am also needing to overhaul the way we ring and sell liquor/mixed drinks, but I want to be able to make all of the changes at once, and then send them into the system once I am finished. I'm not a programmer, but I was in a former life. Any tips?

Hi, you say you use Mymicros, but Mymicros is just the POS reporting side of it.

what do you currently use for the POS...Symphony?

Hi, Im guessing that's 3700?

Best solutions would be to install Enterprise Management (EM), there might be license fees from your Micros dealer for this.

EM, allows you to make changes to a "offside" database and deploy the changes to the individual stores when required.

Keep the following in mind if you go this way:

1) when you EM the main database - you will loose all prices linked to the menu items, so this will have to be redone
2) you also have to sync the individual store databases with your main DB, when this gets done you will loose all transaction totals at these stores (so print/save backups of all and any you think you might need.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back