Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

download cobol??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
where could i get a copy of micro focus cobol?

thank you.

You can order for it on several places. Merant is one, programmers paradise is on place, etc. Some time ago the Microfocus personal object cobol (or something like that) was only about $100

Perhaps you can buy an old copy of someone. Some companies just throw their compilers away.... Sometimes you can get them from them. It would be nice if there was some trading place for these kind of things...

Thanks CROX, I already dropped (withdraw) the course. I was taking a Intro to COBOL course in college. I find it kind of easy, but I prefer working at home. I ask my Prof., but they don't know where to get it......!!! Anyway, I was looking for some web sites that I can download it, since it is old, or obsolete already.

Thanks.

Hi Tan888,

COBOL is not obsolete! There is an installed base of very very many lines of code, recently updated. COBOL is renewed every time again in a way that even the old programs can be compiled by the new compiler. That is a big advantage of COBOL: a good source stays for ever. The COBOL/390 from IBM is object oriented. There are all functions inside, you can do all the things you can do in other programming languages. The most important thing is that COBOL is very readable, more than any other programming language. So why not programming in COBOL with the guarantee that it will be available for the next 30 years!

COBOL is an investment for a lifetime.

I have downloaded the COBOL fujitsu and it works fine. But the problem is that I can't find such manuals/resources in the market today particularly here in Saudi. Any Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back