Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Download Cisco VPN client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kressmark

Instructor
Apr 28, 2003
US
Hi,

Where can I download the Cisco VPN client.

I tried Cisco's homepage but it just does not work.
Is this free software or do i need to buy it?

/mk

In order to download the VPN client you need to have a CCO account that entitles you to download software and you also have to comply with the export regulations. It is free as long as you use it to connect to a Cisco device such as PIX, router or VPN Concentrator.

Hi,

I have a CCO account, so what do i need to do to download the client?

/mk

Log onto and log on with your account.
Go to tech support and look for the software center. The client software is probably listed under Pix, or Secure Software.

There are various levels of CCO accounts what you need is a CCO account that entitles you to download software... click on the link below it should take you to the download page as long as you have this kinkd of account:

You may need to comply with export regulations. If you need further help I would advise you to contact web-help@cisco.com

"This Software Download page is not available to Guest or Registered guest users."

Thanks anyway guys!

Is there anywhere else I can get hold of the VPN client?

/mk

The easiest way is to purchase a smarnet contract for a router or PIX or any Cisco device not only you get access to the VPN client but you also get all the IOS releases and access to the TAC.

I forgot... you can also buy the VPN client it costs around $50.

Just contact your PIX reseller. They should provide you with a FREE copy of the VPN client.

VPN Client is only free with a concentrator. It does not come free if you've bought a pix or a router as far as i know. So you have to buy it. I'm not sure if it comes free if you have smartnet on a pix or a router, but i don't see why it would.

I got my smartnet for a 501 3DES for $75, although I have smartnet for a 506e, 515UR, 3550, Failover and other equipment. If the Client only comes with a concentrator, how are you supposed to hook up to a 3DES VPN on the pix firewall :)

Just accept the client VPN licensing as a mystery. My CCO was having issues, and a Cisco Engineer emailed me the VPN client, so I must have been authorized for it.

3DES licence would cover you for site to site tunnels to other vpn devices, you don't *need* the cisco vpn client to use the licence.

But i'd agree that the vpn client licencing is a mystery. It is definitely sold for £40 over here though, without any smartnet contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back