Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Download Backup of IPLDK-300 Office and update FW

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaDunedin

Technical User
May 6, 2013
NZ
Hi all,
I'm trying to download a backup of our Database, as well as wanting to update the firmware.
When we go to download the firmware, it refuses to accept the normal password to our system which is blank :p
I'm assuming it's the same password as what we use to log into the system through PCADMIN?

And also, how do we tell what our current firmware is? We would like to update it so that we can use the DECT registration part of PCADMIN.
Happy to provide any information required :)

Cheers,
Braydon.

To check the s/w level: [Trans/PGM]+72.

Please post the full content of the display after entering: [Trans/PGM]+72 - here in this forum.
Now, the s/w level of the ipLDK-100/300 should match with the PCADMIN software level, which is found in the PCADMIN program under help or about.

"I'm assuming it's the same password as what we use to log into the system through PCADMIN?" -> This could be different paasword according to the programming.

///doktor

Hey,
Thanks for the reply!
Trans/PGM 72 gives me these details:
"GS30PXC.6ET
07/SEP"

Running PCADMIN
GSNAD-3.9Aq 2009.10.23

Hi again

Trans/PGM 72 gives me these details:
"GS30PXC.6ET
07/SEP"
--> This is ipLDK Office 300 version 3.6.

Running PCADMIN
GSNAD-3.9Aq 2009.10.23

--> This is PCADMIN for Office 300 version 3.9.

So you need to down grade your PCADMIN version to 3.6, or upgrade your ipLDK-300 to 3.9.

///doktor

How safe would it be to update the phone system?
When I went to look at doing it, it mentioned to confirm whether it's got an MBPN board.
How would I go about checking this?

Thanks,
Braydon

If you are on 3.6 , going to 3.9 will be no issue , that said if you have 3.9 pc admin there is no reason why that should not administer a 3.6 system I have never had an issue as the pc admin is backward compat.

I have faced issues with data backups when the rs232 / lan ports start mis-behaving have you tried a soft button reset , then attempt to back up straight away?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Also before you do any upgrade you need a database back up prior ,"not in the manual" but if the upgrade corrupts you are going to have to flatten the whole kit and start from scratch.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I would be careful about upgrading the ipLDK, but more calm, if you just downgraded the pc application. To bbr in with you could reset the system (power off/on), but be sure to do it with a valid backup.
Another "try" could be to set the s/w version in PGM452. Just. Set it to version 3.6 and save the setting. Then backup should be possible.

///doktor

Have you actually managed to access the PABX with PCadmin at all? Using serial cable or LAN?

I would also be wary of upgrading if you have never done it before. I personally have never upgraded a LDK300 without an ASMU from our supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back