Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downgrading v11 to v9 to run on NT - How to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notleks

MIS
Jul 29, 2002
US
I have just received a copy of v11. Now, this doesn't work with NT so you have to generate a license key for v9 from the keys received for v11. This I have done.

However, when I go to install the product from the CD's supplied I cannot install the base product because it says it is not compatible, despite the new (v9) key being used.

As usual I have been unable to find any documentation on this on CA's site. Has anyone else had to do this or can anyone point me to the relevant documentation?

The answer is that you have to install using v9 media and then use the generated key(s) to license.

If you already have the product installed (as I did) you might need to do a complete uninstall before reinstalling as license utility wasn't recognising the new keys.

How do you generate new license keys for version 9 based upon licence keys of version 11?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back