Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Downgrading' from Enterprice to Standalone ARID - possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCXaus

Technical User
Dec 5, 2011
AU
We have a system which was rushed out the door by Sales, and in doing so had an ARID assigned to it that was an enterprise version.
Now, I have the licenses come through for the correct system, which is standalone, and I get an error when I put the new ARID in the License and Option Selection window, saying: Invalid Application Record ID.

Looking at the help documentation it talks about going from standalone to enterprise, but doesn't mention going the other way. Is it possible? I don't need to keep any of the temporary routing or programming that was in this system, so if a fresh install is the only way, that's OK by me.

:code.poet:

From the MCD Standalone to Enterprise Upgrade Process Bulletin:

Q: Can an Enterprise System be migrated to a Standalone System?
A: No – once a system is designated as Enterprise it cannot be downgraded to Standalone

I ended up speaking to Mitel to confirm and they said as long as I clear the hardware ID on the AMC and do a software re-installation it should be right.

:code.poet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back