Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

downgrading 9508 and 9620 to 7.27

Status
Not open for further replies.

jslewis

Programmer
Jun 30, 2004
US
I am downloading 7.27 after reading the 8.0 essential edition license thread. I already have a new 500v site up and running 8.0 vmpro without essential license. Do the 9508 and 9620 phones need to downgrade also? System went in last week.

ACA
ACS

Yes but when you downgrade the 500v2 the bin files on the SD card will be downgraded as well, automatically. Once the downgrade is complete the phones should pull their new bin files from the IP Office.

Just make sure you download the full admin CD for 7.0(27) and not just the .bin files to perform the downgrade.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Although for the $100 or so dollars it would cost you for the upgrade license (eliminating the need for the Essential Edition license) I don't see why you would bother with the downgrade.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

So to use the upgrade license.
I would just apply it while the system is running 8.0?
Or would I have to first downgrade to 7.0 then apply upgrade license the take system back up to 8.0?

ACA
ACS

Just apply the license.

I would think that your loaded labor cost to your employer based on the time needed to download, backup, extract, uninstall, re-install, upgrade and test would far exceed the cost of the license.

APDS Avaya Data
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

The phone bin files are the same for 7.0.27 and 8.0.16
But like kyle mentioned, it is cheaper to apply the license then downgrade the IPO and other stuff like VMPro.
Downgrading VMPro means making backups (good backups) and remove VMPro and install it again.
You cannot downgrade VMPro like you can downgrade an IPO.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back