Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downgrading 3.1->3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

weinmatt

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2004
US
Got a customer with loads of issues. Anyone have any experience moving from 3.1 to 3.0.

They are on a 403 so I'll be moving them to 3.0.69.

Anybody know if I should be able to run VM Pro on 3.1 (meaning I dont have to downgrade that) while runnign the system on 3.0

I have downgraded from 3.1 to 3.0 without problems.

You should not upgrade to 3.1 unless you need to support the European phones mentioned in the upgrade bulletin.

3.1 does not contain the updates and bug fixes that 3.0(69) does - I got this straight from an Avaya trainer 2 weeks ago while I was on a course.

I would strongly suggest you do not try to use a different system version with a different IPO version. Always use the same version. So, you should also downgrade your Voicemail as well(this is what we did).

Hope this helps.

3.0.69 has some major bugs in it. Might wanna go for 3.0.59.

to date I have not encountered any bugs worth a mention in 3.0(69). What bugs have you found?

I've went from 3.0.59 to 3.1 and had lots of issues. Moved everything back to 3.0.59 and this time had some new issues so moved to 3.0.69 and everything is working just fine.

2 - 406v2 w/VMPro

3.0.69 Problems I ran into...

#1 Caller hears clicking every 5 secs on PRI. (cannot hear this internaly)

#2 When making an outbound call while phone is in DND, after you dial the digits the studder dial tone comes back untill the call is connected. (call does go through but when users hear the dial tone come back they hang up thinking the call was lost)

#3 1 Random reboot everyday untill I took it back to 3.0.59.

So where can I download 3.0.59 admin software and vm pro? I'm rolling back from 3.1.48 and I don't have an avaya service contract so I can only get to the public stuff on their site and I am having trouble finding this stuff on their site.

Can some one help me out here? Possibly post a link?

Thanks,
Ben F

Kinda funny when you call for support the first thing they tell you is please load the latest software. Then when you get past them and on with an engineer they poke away at your problem then ask you to downgrade. We recently had a seven sight scn and were forced to upgrade all including vmpro to 3.1 then had to downgrade everything down to 3.069. That seems to have cured all are problems. We started at the 59 build.
Only issue we have now is that a call center that doesnt reside on the same site as vmpro cant play que messages.
We are told that thats the way it is and there is not a thing we can do about it. Anybody with any input on this would be much appreciated.
Avaya solution is to put all ip sets at call center off the main switch.

5thmsstech
As far as I know que greetings have never been supported through SCN. It is something that many customers / solution providers would like to see though. If you want que greetings for hunt groups - you have to have a local vm pro server on the system.

dphoneguy24

You are correct and avaya also says that you cannot have to vmpro's on the same scn. However i recieved an email from them today that says.
Quote:
(New information: You can have two Voice Mail Pro's running on the SCN at the same time, however, you do not check voice networking in the IP Trunk.)
I am now waiting on a reply to see what exactly i will lose if I remove that checkmark.
I will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back