Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DownGrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBloggssss

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2005
GB
Hi,

Any more please share their experience of the process and any quirks in downgrading from R55 to R54 on an IPSO box. The general process you find works and any issues to be aware off. Thanks

I am unsure if the client orginally had R54 installed before the upgrade, or this was a clean install. I have it in mind to remove all the CP packages via the Nokia Voyager interface, then upload, unpack and install Check Point R54 from my FTP Server. Hostname, binded to external IP facing management server etc will still remain, and I assume central licensing is being used. So I can't see anything else todo apart from SIC. And of course the reflection of the version change on the SMARTCenter. Am I missing something?

Chris,

If you are sure that you want R54 on the Nokia then i would go along with what you say - remove all CP packages and reinstall R54 as long as this is just an Enforcement Gateway.

Akiwondo (MCSE, CCSE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back