Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downgrade SQL Editions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms1746

MIS
Sep 9, 2003
US
I have a server that is running SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition and the customer wishes to downgrade to SQL Server 2000 Standard Edition. What is the easiest way to do this...is it possible to do it without uninstalling and reinstalling SQL Server completely?

Thanks for any help!!!

Going back to the original questions...

Is there a way to do this?

As far as i know, you have to unistall it and resinstall it

OK, so basically, I can copy the backups (or tables), to a different directory....Uninstall, reinstall standard...then reattach?

Yes. You will not be able to restore your msdb because they are different. Dont forget to script out all your logins or you will have to remake them.

So script off your logins, save any dts packages off to anohter server if you can, otherwise its harder to get em saved but still doable. script out all your jobs that are not part of a maintenance package, detatch your prod databases. save everthing off to elswhere. unistall sql server, id proably reboot, reinstall sql server, install sp3. start rebuilding. logins first, then databases, then the rest.

simple enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back