Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downgrade CR 9 to 8/ 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpear

Programmer
Jan 6, 2004
US
I'm wanting to downgrade my CR 9 reports to CR 8 or CR 8.5. CR 9 has access to Area Condition Formulas, but I'm not seeing access to them in 8/8.5 through automation (RDC). Does anyone know if this is possible?
( suggests no)

CR 9 RDC has a SaveAs(filename,version)
Version 8 = 2048
Version 7 = 1792

Neither of these can be opened in CR 8.
Any suggestions?

Yes, you can access the condition formulas in CR 8.5 through the RDC. It doesn't appear to be documented very well at all, but if you use the object browser within the VB IDE, search for 'ConditionFormula', and you'll see that they're avalable in 8.5 as well.

You will not, however, be able to use SaveAs from CR 9 to a lower version.

-dave

I'm not seeing those in the RDC (CRAXDRT). I currently have the Standard edition installed, and am waiting for the Developer Edition to show up. Do you know if this will make a difference?

Thanks

_____
Tracy

Mail came, got the 8.5 Developer installed. I see ConditionForumla attached to 1 class, ReportAlert. It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to programmatically move the Area, Section, and FieldObject ConditionFormula's to 8.5 from 9.

Next step, get a license from Crystal to allow me to add items to CR 9 through the RDC.

What I have been trying to do in short:
Win9x/ME and CR 9 have problems printing with specific printers. Crystal's workaround, drop numeric fieldobjects into textobjects, or downgrade to 8.5. We have over 200 rpt files to deal with, most of them with numeric fields.

Tracy

I'll take that back. Installed the hotfixes available for CR8.5 and find the ConditionFormula collection property is available on Area, FieldElement, FieldObject, Section, and etc... This might work.

We have discovered CrossTab Total fields can not be corrected in CR 9, unless the data is changed and a total row/column is put into the data. It's the little things that bite you.

Tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back