Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Downgrade 9608?

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0lle

Programmer
Dec 12, 2013
SE
Hey folks
I have a customer running rel. 8.1 and adding a new 9608 phone is giving me a headache.

Works perfect to install and use but after a reboot it appeared as model 4624 (or something like that) in system status. Still able to make calls but was quite dumb.

I read here:
"Attempts to downgrade these models to lower versions of software will be
rejected. If these models are implemented in an environment that uses lower versions of
software for other 9608/9611G/9621G/9641G IP Deskphones, it is recommended to use a
mechanism to differentiate the software loads such as different HTTP servers or different
GROUPs."

This particular phone has rel 6.6401 and does not retrieve the older files on the sd-card.

Some guidance would be awesome! An upgrade of the pbx is in the plans but not in the nearest future.

BR

That readme file is for Aura, not IP Office. You're basically screwed, the phone will not downgrade, you must upgrade the control unit.

Thanks for the answer (even though I didn't like it) :D

I had an issue where 9608s would suddenly show as 4624 in System Status, it seems to be fixed in later releases.
Although this was on 9.1.something.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Are the phones on the same subnet as the IP Office?

Yes IPO LAN2 and all phones are on their own subnet (VLAN 20)

I've also seen wrong devicetype with a 1608L at another customer. Just threw in another shelf-warmer 1608 I had and never thought about it until now.

I mostly had this problem on remote phone who got this after reconnecting from network loss.

It's running 8.1(43)
Are you suggesting upgrading?

upgrade to 8.1(95)

ACSS (Manieee on a new account)

You probably have the new 9608 which have there own lowest versions of software and these are not supported on 8.1
Upgrade the IPO and it will be fixed.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back