Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double sided Report printing in Access97??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrkrReds

Programmer
Dec 17, 2001
US
Is it possible to print double sided reports in Access97? If so, please help me.

thanx in advance

i think that this is a printer issue
if your printer prints double sides it will print the report double sides

Shouldn't it be done programatically. By default(assuming), one-sided reports are printed and if printer supports double-sided, we need to do this programatically using printer object to print double-sided reports? I just dont know how and cant find any examples. Hopefully someone out there had done this before and have some suggestions.

Thanx in advance.

Generally with duplex printing, the printer need to be switched into duplex mode, odd number pages are printed on one side of the paper, even number pages are printed on the other side.

Since you probably don't want all printing done double sided, I would think that the easiest approach would be to set up another printer in your printers folder, which points to the same printer but is configured for duplexing. This is much easier than trying to do this through Access.

what you have to do is in the report design view go to menu file-page setup - page select use spific printer select printer that you want to use and propities and set to double sided and save the report

pwise, the problem that I have had with that approach is if something goes wrong and the printer doesn't reset, subsequent printing can come out duplexed.

That's why I use the approach I've detailed above, althoough its the same physical printer, since its a different 'logical' printer, a crash or other error doesn't leave the printer in duplex mode. Or may be this is just one of the joys of runnning under Citrix!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back