Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double recordings and various

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie1221

Vendor
Dec 20, 2008
Any idea's why a customer would be archiving over 2gig worth of calls each day? Is this normal? Their call center is not huge (under 300 agents).

Its R3 SP2 Total Active Voip with x2 Cmapi connections and Tsapi TRS

I've noticed same conversation seems to be logged a couple of times in the Query application. Listening to the calls they are the same but with different interaction id.

The customer currenty has about a weeks worth of space left and they have another network storage they can archive to. This network drive (500gig) was used at one point but suddenly stopped working. They would like recommendations on why it's filling up so quickly and the best long term archiving solution

What do we need to do to point the archiving there? It is located in the same group under SysAdmin as the current storage center location. That one is archiving now, but it is not archiving to the new one. I read somewhere when it's full it will move onto the next one? Advice would be appreciated.Pls help

I have 30+ agents, and there is double recorded conversation only when agent calls another agent.
My space is around 500mb every day, and backup is on Ibm TSM. To lower the space, try to compress the backup data.

Now that makes sense! It must have something to do with the compression or the archiving the TRS calls?

The compression rate is G729a with logger ADCPM16.
So TSM is used to compress the back up data? They are storing recordings onto a network drive. Sorry for so many questions.

They also have a archiving structure:

Storage Group
•Storage_Unit 1 – Is almost full (How to ensure this moves to the next storage unit once the HDD is full)
•Storage_Unit 2 – is half used
•Storage_Unit 3 – is ¼ used and stopped archiving months ago.

The SC guide states once the first SC unit if full it will then archive to the next...is this true. I don't want to leave it to chance. The threshold is set to 90% on the units SC group dosen't have a retention period.

Very nervous calls will start getting deleted or it will just fail to archive because the unit is full?

Check if you have long recordings > 2 hours, this could indicate an issue or that you have a predictive dialler. Check compression of channels is G729 on the loggers.

I assume your are storing in .NMF format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back