Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double dial tone in networked systems 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

coop333

Vendor
Jan 26, 2004
US
I have two networked systems using E&M lines. I built destination codes and routes for the lead digits of each system to call between them. It works fine but after entering the first digit I get dial tone again. I understand why I am just wondering if there is a way around it or a way to take dial tone off the lines. Thanks

Hi,

may be I am wrong but I think that you can disable the dial tone in LD 86 in ESN or in LD 16 in RDB?! Can't remember the command but I think you'll find it in NTPs!

did you guys get lost..this is the norstar forum

ski season has started

Yes this is on a Norstar MICS 6.1. But I appreciate that bit of info. too.

Yes it is set to auto answer and not to answer with DISA.

I don't think there is a way to stop the second dialtone. The destination code accesses the pool/line which gives the second dialtone from the remote system. The destination code is likely part of the dialed extension and so becomes a little confusing for the caller. I suspect you aready know all this.

It may be less confusing for the customer if there is a separate & different access code for the remote office and then they dial the extension. This defeats the nice work of a good CDP but sometimes the customer needs to make sense of what is going on.

Rob

I don't think there is a way to stop it either but I thought I would post it anyway. I appreciate everyone's input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back