Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double Click Drill Down in Grid Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadesnj

Programmer
Mar 24, 2001
I wish to allow the user to double click on a grid row to show linked records in another table to a key field in the grid's table. At the moment I have a separate command button on the grid form that calls the drill down procedure, but to double click on the actual row would be simpler. The double click method of the grid does not run the drill down procedure for some reason. I know I could put a call in the double click method of each column in the grid - but I wondered if there was an easier way?

wadesnj

I would suggest you create a textbox class, adding your drill-down code to the double click of the textbox, and use that textbox class in your grid column, rather than the default one.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Thanks Mike, that would do the trick, although I imagine changing the class for each column after using the builder (which I use a lot) would take as long as sticking 'do drilldown' in each doubleclick method. Shame there isn't a row object with its own doubleclick method!

If you change the textbox at design-time you only need to do it once.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back