Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dots Appear in PDF files distilled from Quark

Status
Not open for further replies.

jddown

Technical User
Nov 8, 2001
US
Since the folks at Adobe couldn't help me, I thought I'd seek out the expertise of some Quark users. I've been distilling Quark files into PDFs, yet no matter how I adjust the Print Settings, small dots appear at various places in the document. They tend to occur near the end of text boxes, so that it often looks as if I've typed two periods instead of one (I can only delete the actual period). However, the little buggers don't pop up on every page, and don't show up when I print them out. Any idea as to what's happening or what I can do to remedy the situation?

thanks,
Jeff

Could you email a quark page to me? Or are they to big?
If you can't fix it in 20 call someone who can.

Although the pages are busy, I don't think they're too large. Let me know your email address and I'll attach a couple of problem pages.

thanks,
Jeff

How are you creating the PDFs? Using Distiller or Quark?

What does the PDF look like if opened in Photoshop?

Since the files are relatively large (ranging from 20-50 mb), I've been creating the PDFs through Quark using
File->Print and then choosing Distiller from the printer options. Strangely enough, the dots don't appear when I send the job through the PDFwriter, but it's not equipped to handle the graphics properly.

The dots do not appear when I print out a hard copy of the PDF, nor do they appear when I open the PDF in Photoshop. The dots only appear in Acrobat and Acrobat Reader.

Any advice?

I also have this problem. I save my pages out of Quark using a Scitex printer, then distilling them into the pdf format. I've just been double-checking the document again and guessing it's a bug thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back