Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dos Program hits 100% CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtownlady

MIS
Nov 21, 2002
US
We have a cash register clipper program that immediately hits 100% CPU Usage as soon as it is opened. I have read about DOSKBD but this does not seem to work on Win2000. Any suggestions on how to tweak the environment for this program? I have to set the files = 249 and buffers = 249 in order for the program to execute.
Thanks!

I've seen the same problem with 16bit Win9x programs under NT. Isn't really any way around it unless you can rewrite the program ina 32 bit lang such as VB 6 or C++. I believe it has to do with the fact that the programs are 16bit versus 32 bit OS aND THE WAY MEMORY IS HANDLED.

you can make a batch file to run this dos program .. and in the property of this batch file - u can get to the property by right click the batch file - you can select to make the file run in a separte memory ... Mohamed Farid
Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!!

There is a program called DosBoss that will fix this problem. As netwalker1 stated above, you can create a batch file that launches both DosBoss and your program in one shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back