Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOS Ghost program - imaging question, upgrading HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

volunteercenter

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2003
US
I have a 20gb drive with NTFS I want to image onto a 60gb drive. Is it possible to image all of the contents of the 20gb drive on to the 60gb NTFS partition?

I don't want 2 partitions made, just the 20gb image on the 100gb drive.

Is this possible with Ghost? OR what software??

Thanks in advance

Sure, Ghost will do this just fine. Just to a Disk to Disk copy of the 20GB to 60GB drive.

Make sure you don't confuse the source/destination when you do it. One thing Ghost does that can be confusing is when it presents the summary just before starting the process, it displays what the destination drive will look like AFTER the copy. So, it will appear to have the same volume label as the source. That confuses some, and causes them to switch the source/destination drive, thereby screwing themselves grandly.

No, no, the _never_ happened to me twice in a row.

Mikepro,

So I can use Ghost to image just teh files not the partition information?

I want to keep my 100gb HD on one partition. So i'm pretty much just upgrading HDs.

What option in Ghost do I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back