Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOS download manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAHIR07

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
US
ok, I did not see a dos section around the site, so I will ask in the closest os forum here. Does anyone know where I can get a DOS download manager or ever even heard of one?

thanks ahead of time

I dunno what you precisely want when you say download manager. Arachne is a pretty good browser for dos and supports http and ftp downloads.

see the internet programs section here:

well I am downloading information from a computer that is a dos computer. It is not using ftp protocals. So what I am looking at is a manager that will enable a reconnect and continue from a broken download where it left off.

Get the good old Telix, it resumes after crash on ZModem option.
You will have to run it on both side though.

Are they connected by direct cable? Serial or Parallel? The solution is out there. [morning]

would you believe internet dialup lol..is trasmitting info to main office from remote site

ouch ...
Hmm, you could try with the command module of PcAnywhere, PCRemote or LapLink, but I don't have that anymore, too long ago. The solution is out there. [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back