Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dos command 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

judgehopkins

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
US
I am running Windows XP Home.

What is the DOS command (or other command in XP) for copying a disk in the A: drive to another disk (which will have to go in the A: drive also).

I used to do this all the time back in the pre-Windows days but have forgotten the command!

Thanks....

"If the people don't want to come out to the park, nobody's gonna stop them." - Yogi Berra

Wow,

One nice thing about this forum is that the odd and curious aspects of the OS always have an audience.

The discussion above is not by any means atypical. I still have not nailed the issue of zero legnth file names from mistyped command line arguments under Start, Run to linney's satisfaction. But, I will.

Thank you blujacket, judehopkins and marcs41, and others for the discussion. I learned a great deal. Which is the point of joining a forum.

Bill

And thanks to Matt (mattjurado) for bringing the issue up enough to make me curous.

Matt, a belated welcome to Tek-Tips. You are good stuff.
Bill

Don't understand why you don't use the copy disk that comes up when you right click on the "A" drive! It works juust great.
Billybobby

billybobby, please READ the entire thread before posting this.
the copy between a 720 and 1.44 will NOT work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back