Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOS Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

chazk1

Technical User
Sep 3, 2001
GB
Hi,

Can any of you gurus tell me what the ultimate settings for the APPSRV.INI file would be for low bandwidth use and quick connectivity ? I'm talking DOS Clients.

Cheers!

Could you give more information?
- low bandwidth means dial-in, WAN? Because minimal 10Mbps half-duplex LAN are more than enough and should not be considered low band.
- DOS client using which protocol to login to MF servers?

Apologies.

Protocol is TCP/IP accessing MetaFrame Servers on the same LAN. Application servers would also be on same LAN although, in a fallback scenario, we have a second app server on a different site, connected via 2MB SMDS link.

During testing we have had a few timeouts via WAN link.

Hope this helps and thanks for your response.

Modify the TcpMaxDataRetransmissions subkey on the Citrix server under the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\TcpMaxDataRetransmissions = 10

If the value does not exist, highlight PARAMETERS, go to Edit and select add value. Choose REG_ DWORD format.

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back