Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dos 6.22 TCP/IP Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2003
US
Looking for a recommendation on set of IP tools for dos 6.22 (native dos, not windows dos). I see tons on google, curious if anyone has a personal recommendation. Need to be able to pull files off the dos machine, or push files off the machine to a network server. I'm probably looking at ftp to transfer the files.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

NCSA Telnet TCP/IP package was (in the era of MS-DOS) compact, easy to configure and use.

What about the ability to transfer files? I really need ftp.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

hi matt:
look into this;
under DOS network drivers, and follow the links to the MS FTP site to d/l the tools.
Haven't done this, but I hope the info helps...

TT4U

Notification:
These are just my thoughts....and should be carefully measured against other opinions.
Backup All Important Data/Docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back