Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dos 6.0 install disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg25

Technical User
May 30, 2001
US
does any one know where i can get the set of three
disk of dos 6.0 and a copy of windows 3.1 for my old 486

or a copy of the install disks for a tandy sensation

any help would be great it's for my daughter she 4
Greg
X-)

No idea where you're based Greg, but in the U.K. we have from time to time what are called Computer Fairs, Radio and Computing Rallies, Car boot sales, etc., where new and secondhand computer hardware and software (amongst very many other things!) can be bought. We also have what is called Exchange & Mart magazine (weekly?) which might contain these sorts of items.

Tell us roughly where you're located, and maybe someone can make more precise suggestions.

ROGER - GØAOZ.

you can also check a PC book store for one of the old copies of Dos 6.22 etc. Often these sellers of 'old' PC books which are new books, but out-of-date, carry such items. You could also check for computer user clubs in your area. Sometimes the local library will know about these meetings, or could help you locate one. They would likely have members willing to sell the software to you. Check out any Computer newspapers in your area if you have them, in the classifieds they often list PC user group meetings.

A number of months ago I got a copy of Win3.1 from Excite Classifieds. And I've seen Dos 6.2x (i.e. 6.2 and 6.22) on eBay. Personally I'd check eBay first for both and then check the "classified ads" section of search engines like Excite and Lycos. Good luck to you.

Thanks for the replies

Greg
Pres.
K & G Design
kgdesign@warwick.net
(973) 853-6062

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back