Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Doorphone Ring Delay keeps getting longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

spmcevoy

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2009
US
I have one of the Original BCM units, running 3.7. We have a nortel doorphone at shipping to call us when delivery's arrive. We have a strange effect happening where if you press it once, we get the page tone in 4 secs. Twice, 8 secs, Three times, 12-15 secs. These presses are kind of right after each other. If you let it sit some period or time (we aren't sure how long) its back to 4 secs again.

Any ideas??

Your hard drive is dying(see the other post) Have it replaced and your bcm will be like new..!

We've replaced the drive, and the issue is unchanged.

Hmmmm.

Any thoughts? Is this possibly a 'feature' to prevent someone from just sitting and repeatedly 'ring-ring-ring' the door call.

No thoughts yet but what is the time between the pushing of the button? when the next driver comes along? or an impatient driver?
Did it just start happening or since installed?
Have you tried moving them to another port?

=--(((((((((()--=
curlycord

I think there is a patch for the door phone in the last SU.

That couldn't hurt to try. I presume 'last SU' means 'Last Service Update'. I am an end user, is there some place I can download or access this from?

End-Users typically can't download service updates. It requires working with a Nortel vendor. Only vendors, distributors, and some very large corporations with expensive Nortel service contracts can login to download updates.

==================================
<INSERT SIGNATURE HERE>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back