Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Doorphone for BCM 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordMan77

Programmer
Nov 23, 2005
US
Can anyone please tell me what doorphones are compatible with the BCM50? I would assume that a Nortel specific model would work, but what about an outside vendor (e.g. Valtec, Belkin, etc..)

Jay

As far as i know only the nortel doorphone is compatible for the internal system... all the other soloutions are connected via analog line(ATA2).. it should work every system that could work with analog telephone line and short tones......

regards,

subx

The BST doorphone isn't supported on the BCM 50 as of yet. But as subx said, you should be able to use an analog doorphone off one of the internal analog ports on the 50.

If you get a used Norstar doorphone, make sure it is a BST doorphone and not the older version of Norstar doorphones. The older Norstar doorphones are not supported on the BCM.

Thanks for the info. I have another question regarding the doorphone. The customers' current system allows for a doorphone button on each phone and then a door unlock button as well. Will I be able to have the door phone ring and appear on multiple phones as well and the door unlock button with this analog door phone option?

the unlock code is dtmf tones that are sent to the lock control unit. Find out the code then program a button as external autodial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back