Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Door Phone recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

EaglePromo

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2013
US
What is the best door phone for the IPO. I looked around and I could not find an "IP Office Door phone and Door Phone Controller unit" made by Avaya.

We've put in a number of Algo Trunk side door phones. Typically the system goes in with combo cards and PRI so we've got analog trunk ports to spare.

Qz

In the UK I'd look at Interquartz or Kalika and these may be available in other markets.

Nearly all doorphones are analogue and so not specific to Avaya but you will need analogue extension or trunks ports on the PBX.

I prefer Bewator[smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

algo 3226 to use with a trunk port
algo 3228 to use with an analog phone port

if it ain't broke don't fix it!

What country are you in ?

I can't offer a solution as we manufacture them in the UK and that would break the terms of this site

So general advice is you can use an analogue unit on sip, use an avaya 3rd party endpoint license and we have tested cisco SPA-112 ata's with IPO's successfully.

Or use them on analogue ports

Rich

We use BELL Doorphone, Fasttel, 2N Helios ( Line powered ) and SIEDLE, all work fine and have their own specific pro's and con's.
Which one to use depends on customer needs ( number of buttons, analog or SIP, video or not, access control or not etc. ).
All the SIP versions work well on IP Office.

If you need a ATA use the PATTON M-ATA, it is the only ATA which supports DTMF both ways ( for door open code ) at a reasonable price, but a SIP device is aways cheaper as a analog device with a ATA.

Cisco supports DTMF both ways, we have no problem releasing door entries or in fact programming them via DTMF on a SPA-112 or the older version (can't remember that model number now). We also like the cisco becuase it gives really good diagnostic info so you can see sessions, codecs etc to debug any issues

Rich

In Australia I use the 2N Helios SIP door phones which are very simple to configure. They seem to be branded Cortelco in the US. There is a DevConnect document for them and I have used them previously on other systems. A customer has supplied me with a Dallas Delta SIP door station and I can't get it to work. It did work on my R9 test system but not on the customers 8.1 system nor on my system when I downgraded. Now I can't get it to register at all. It appeared to be working on a DHCP allocated IP address but not a static one or an automatically allocated DNS rather than a fixed one but they seemed to be red herrings.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back