Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Door Phone questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi Everyone,

I was thinking about getting a NT8B79FDE6 BST Door Phone for our front door and I have few questions.

1. Is the NT8B79FDE6 BST is the correct one for the BCM50?
2. I do not see anything in Element Manager to program the door phone or will it show up after being hooked up?
3. Are you able to call the door phone and talk to the person that is about to walk up or do you have to wait for them to push the call button.
4. Can you program the door phone to do a tone or a recorded message for internal and external page, kinda like a park and page message.

Thanks

1 - Yes when it says BST instead of Norstar
2 - Yes install it first, then you will see Door Phone Setting in Capabilities
3 - Yes just intercom the DN and it will auto voice call
4 - Your options are Call a specific DN, Call a Hunt Group, Page a Chime (4 to choose from)

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I am re-writing option 4 to include both

4 - Your options are Call a specific DN,Page a Chime (4 to choose from) or both
The DN you call can be a set (or sets will Answer DN) or a Hunt Group DN

When you choose Both DN and Page there is Delay timer and I think it does the DN first then the Page chime.
Make sure the call does not end up in a mailbox.

I have mine Ring a Hunt Group and I have one set that has the FindMe/FollowMe turned on to my mobile so I can answer the door anywhere in the world.

The cops are after me all the time so I have a hard time convincing them I am not home.
Seriously, never say that if it's a stranger.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hey curlycord,

I received the door phone today and I have a issue.

When I have set it to call any extension and I have that extension forwarded to my cell phone it does not transient any audio to the cell or the cell to the door phone. It will call the cell phone but just no audio. Now it works perfectly when its set to call any extension.

So I'm wondering if the issue is caused by using VOIP line to dial out on or if I am overlooking a setting.

Thanks

Regular VOIP line and the VOIPO is the carrier. I can forward another extension to the cell phone with no problems.

VoIP Types = T1 , PRI or SIP.

Looks like "VOIPO" is a SIP carrier.
What happens if you do a conference?, a call in that is the conferenced to a call out.

What ports do you have forwarded to the BCM?
What is checked or not checked in SIPTrunking/Public/Accounts/Advanced (specifically "Enable local NAT compensation")

May somebody else uses "VOIPO" and can share what they have.

In your Router you should have SIP/ALG stuff all disabled too, they are a hindrance and not a helper for SIP.

EDIT: "I can forward another extension to the cell phone with no problems"
[banghead]
I wish I had read your response fully, back to the drawing board.
But maybe copy some programming over like OLI.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back