Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Door phone for Merlin Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace

Technical User
Oct 24, 2003
US
Hi, can anyone tell me where to get an inexpnesive door phone. I want to add it to an analog station port. Not looking to spend over 100 dollars. I want it to call Ext 0 when a button on the unit is pushed.

Thanks

Simon

I see several on eBay for a little bit of nothing.

You will have to set the T&R port up as a HOTLINE with speed dial #01 set to dial 0. That part is not a problem, as long as you have the right release of Legend or Magix.

Some of these things (DoorPhones) can do thier own preset dialing.

Jake6758 to awnser your question-- I lost your email ad.. I used a normal wall phone i picked it up at CVS for 3 bucks so it did not matter to me if it broke And again yourwelcome. I hope that it works out the way it
should..
Simon

I have installed a door fone and it works well. is a link to one of the places that has it available, but you may be able to find it less expensive elsewhere.

Basically, it gets hooked up to one of the line cards. When the button is pressed, it rings the assigned line. You can limit the line appearance to the desired extension.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back