Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Door phone direct to ACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepguy267

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
US
I know they exist because I have put them in. However, I am having trouble finding the part and none of the support folks seem to REALLY understand my question.

When the ACS was released they made a big stink about the *new* door phone feature that no longer required a separate controller. You could wire it directly to an extension on the ACS. They look Identicle to the traditional partner door phone but carry a different part number. Anybody know what I am looking for and perhaps have a part number?????

I use a Partner LU-ADS on the Partner II system in my home. It plugs directly into a station port (no controller), and it looks pretty good. This is the most current model from AVAYA as far as I am aware.

Chris

The "new" doorphone has been around for a long time! The original was made for AT&T and Lucent by Harris and is now being made by Valcom- #V5324003. I much prefer these to the ones that Avaya now supplies that are made by Viking. These won't fit a standard 2 gang electrical box so you are going to have problems if you are replacing an original that was installed this way. The Avaya/Viking is also almost impossible to recess mount and won't look good on the front of a house for example, unlike the original/Valcom that you can simply install in a recessed electrical box.

Both have auxilliary contacts that you can wire to a regular doorbell if desired. The original/Valcom has a front cover plate that is not part of the doorphone and can be painted if desired. I have one on my house that I spray painted to match the green accent colors of the shutters, door etc.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back