Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Door entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidypants

Technical User
Feb 8, 2010
GB
Hi all,

A customer has a door entry going through there IP office 403, when someone pushes the the buzzer it rings the handset however they have been advised that pushing DTMF 8 will release the door. It doesn't work at the moment, but how can i acheive this so it does work?

You need to find the manual of the door unit.
This has nothing to do with the IPO :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

unless DTMF isnt working

ask someone to call them internally and press the keypad, and check the other person can hear the beep.

then, peters suggestion is correct.

Hi Thanks for the replys,

further to my investigation, when the door entry is diverted to another external number, in which they have a Avaya index with a DT3 handsets, they press 'Scroll' 'recall' then 8 to release the door? Does this help in how to configure it onto the IPO500v2?

DT3 handsets won't work on an ip500? The door release code is programmed into the door-phone unit, not the ip office. All you need is a POT extn for the door unit and set it up to ring a hunt group or another extn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back