Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't want to publish desktop inside the desktop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonteponte

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2004
SE
Hello,

I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to administrating a Citrix environment so please forgive me for any too simple or stupid questions :) In our environment most users use a published desktop connection from a thin client (pre-configured connection). The neighbour Agent then publishes a set of applications for the user to use. The only problem I see is that the desktop gets published although the user is already in the desktop. Any way of not allowing the desktop to be published within a published desktop?

If I understand correctly , your users are getting all the published icons including published desktop, right?

This scenario might help you.

Make the App's published icons to be placed on users desktops and NOT published Desktop. So when the user is connected to Publlished Desktop they will be getting the application by PNagent.

Hope this helps.
Sarav

If you're looking to use the PN Agent to deliver the apps within a published desktop, then the best you can hope for is to allow only a single instance per user of the desktop.
HOWEVER - If a user attempts to run a second session of the desktop within the published desktop, they'll be disconnected! They shuld be able to reconnect easily enough, but you may have the odd grumble from your users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back