Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't want to automatically save record...

Status
Not open for further replies.

baxtersl

Programmer
Jan 19, 2001
US
I have read the different posts regarding using the forms dirty event. I have that all working fine. What I don't know how to do is, if the user hits the save icon on the menu, the save prompt still comes up when changing to a different record or closing the form. Is there any way to prevent this?

you could create a custom menu bar that does not display the save icon or give the save option. jlitondo@gatecitysteel.com

use the following functions to turn off and on Access warnings:

Before the save:
Docmd.Setwarnings False

After the save:
Docmd.Setwarnings True

Don't forget to turn the warnings back on!!!! They are critical; for example, you could suppress the message "Delete table?"

mac

I have tried to use the Setwarnings but get an "Argument no Optional" error. Any ideas?

Thanks for the replies. This might be a dumb question but, where would I turn on and off the warnings? I don't want to do it in the form before and after update events because I still want the message box to come up if they haven't saved prior to changing records or closing the form. Just not after the save icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back