Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't want the border around my html/swf... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedeia

Technical User
May 8, 2001
US
You know that border that appears around your flash swf file when opened by the html file. It is that one that appears if you have no idea how to get rid of it. Sure is bothering me, can anyone give me THEIR 2 cents on this one? Thanks a bunch!

try adding this:

<BODY bgcolor=&quot;#your color&quot; MARGINHEIGHT=&quot;0&quot; MARGINWIDTH=&quot;0&quot; TOPMARGIN=&quot;0&quot; BOTTOMMARGIN=&quot;0&quot; RIGHTMARGIN=&quot;0&quot; LEFTMARGIN=&quot;0&quot;>

and in html publish mode in flash make sure you have the dimensions set to percent..and the scale set to exact fit..

try that..see what happens..
e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

lol...sheeeesh...and scroll=no
e.gif

VIRT you hooked me up! One thing we have to remember, &quot;You only have to ask once&quot;. Well that should be the case. What is scroll &quot;no&quot;, the same thing?

Alright...who is 'jelous'?...sucker just popped up in here a couple days ago and he seems to kick some major butt!...=)

And I believe scroll=no should be the same thing, beacuse if you dont need to scroll, I think it gets rid of the borders...I could be wrong...been a while since I've worked w/ html.

no he means this!!

<BODY bgcolor=&quot;#your color&quot; MARGINHEIGHT=&quot;0&quot; MARGINWIDTH=&quot;0&quot; TOPMARGIN=&quot;0&quot; BOTTOMMARGIN=&quot;0&quot; RIGHTMARGIN=&quot;0&quot; LEFTMARGIN=&quot;0&quot; scroll=no>

you should add scroll=no to the end of the margins..

e.gif

I didn't seem to put scroll=no on it and it worked fine, great actually. I will have to try it with a site that has a larger canvas size. The one i am using is designed to just take up the screen, well now it does!

Adding scroll=no will just insure that, if you don't need it, no empty scroll bar will appear on the right. An empty scroll bar should normally appear even if your movie and the rest of your html display is smaller than the user's browser window.

;-) If you're stuck with lemons... Make lemonade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back