Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't want a link in a lookup column

Status
Not open for further replies.

eman6

Programmer
Dec 7, 2004
CH
In a custom list in SharePoint 2007, I have a column (document type) whose values are taken from a lookup list (Document types).
The problem is, in the custom list the values in this column are clickable, and lead to the lookup list.
I do ot want the user to be able to click and go to the lookup list itself.
I tried to create a second column of calculated value whose value equals the original column, but the formula was rejected:
"One or more column references are not allowed, because the columns are defined as a data type that is not supported in formulas."
Anybody has a solution? Much appreciated.

Hi Eman,

Why are you trying to disable the link?

If you still want to disable the link then a data view web part will give you better options....

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Hi Kris
Thanks for trying to help.
The link would be great if it points contextually, and not to the list of origin. Nevermind. I'm using datasheet view indeed, but I don't like to 'have to' use datasheet view.

I have another related problem within the same context:
When I connect two libraries based on a lookup column that has more than one value, it works as many to many comparison. in other words, even if one item from the source (connecting) column matches one item in the destination (taking) library column, that won't be good enough to filter :eek:(

Other than that:
Known is handful, unknown is worldful (one L always in words ending in -ful).

kind regards
eman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back