Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't show group if condition is met

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalBox

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2005
US
I've been struggling with my chart for the last few days, hope you can help. I'm using crystal 11 and Access.

My bar chart is designed to show two values, a total case count and within that count, a number of investigation cases that are classified as "A" cases. The chart is grouped by {Protected_Groups) eg. Age, Gender etc. I would like the group(s) that don't have investigation cases or "A" cases not to show up in my chart.

I appreciate any help you can give me to accomplish this request.

Thank you

Use a sub report to hold the chart and filter the data to suit.

Ian

You can selectively suppress groups for a printed report. No idea if this applies to charts.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm going to try them out. I'll let you know how it goes.

IanWaterman, I'm not quite sure I know what you mean about creating a sub-report to filter the required data. I know what a sub-report is but not sure I follow you.

I can tell you, as a temporary fix, under "Select Expert" I selected the field {Protected_Group} and indicated "If not equal to" "AGE"; which for some reason correctly adjusted the numbers for the other groups in the report. I have six bar charts that are exactly the same but different years.

All the charts begin with the "Age" group. There seems to be a direct correlation between the "Age" group being first on the chart that affects the outcome on the rest of the groups. Let me explain, I created a two value stack chart. If the "Age" group has a single value, it affects the values of the other groups, but the same doesn't occur when I have single value on groups after the "Age" group. Very peculiar.

The quick fix is ok but that means I lose the "Age" group on two of my reports, even though it's reporting only one value. I would still like to show the "Age" group.

I hope I'm not confusing you

I think I solved the problem but it's not the preferred solution. I rather have have solved it through a formula, but I'm pressed for time. As I mentioned above, when the first group (AGE) and only the first group, returned a single value then it affected the other groups. To get around this I went into Chart Expert and changed the order of the grouping and moved the "AGE" group to the second spot and the "Ancestry" group to the top of the order. Since the "Ancestry" group had the two values I was filtering for it accurately lined up the values in the 11 other groups. The only problem is that the first two groups (Ancestry, Age) are not in alphabetical order.

Thanks for looking into my problem, I appreciate it. I definitely want to come back and solve the problem using a formula if I can.

Well you guys have a wonderful weekend. Keep up the great work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back