Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Don't Allow New Records to be Created in Subform

Status
Not open for further replies.

wandan

Technical User
Dec 16, 2001
US
Hello,

I have a form with a subform. The subform is displayed in datasheet format. I need for the users to be able to edit the existing rows in the data set, but I don't want them to be able to create any new records. I can't figure out how to turn that off. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Allow Additions" under the Data tab in the Subform's properties - not the Main form... make sure you've got the correct item selected.
Matter of fact, it should have created a separate form object for the subform which you can manipulate directly - that might be the best way to make sure it gets changed correctly..

I don't see the "Allow Additions" property for the subform. I created the subform directly in the main form. I did not create a form and bring it in. Thanks for the advice. I will see about creating a seperate form and bringing it in.

Thanks again.

Well, I'd imagine you can get to the same property even if it's within the existing form. Just make sure you've the subform.form object selected in the properties window...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back