Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dongle/Invalid License

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2004
US
Hello all!

We lost our old vm server so I moved the application to new 2003 server. Moved all the vms and other goodies. Everything works good, but... VM runs for 2 hours and goes silent. Read about licensing and ,voala, it says invalid in IPO. I also figured out I don't have Feature Key server installed any more. Daaaa. The old box had it but I never installed it on the new one. Rebooting of IPO does nothing.

Can I just plug the dongle in 412 IPO and be done with out installing the Feature Key server on the 2003 box? I need to change the license server ip to nothing once I do this? Right? Any benefits of running the dongle on the IPO versus the VM server?

Please help. Everyone is complaining and it took me 3 days to figure this out. You guys helped figuring it out.

George

you just can't install the physical dongle on the 412,
you're best to just install the key server software onto your 2003 server, attach the hardware dongle, verify the IP addresses and reboot both the IPO and 2003 server

But did you see the help on IPO? It says if you have the dongle on it, the IP is not needed. Am I missunderstanding the message here?

Thanks for your help any ways. I am downloading the Admin CD. Is that the only place or i can get the Feature Key server somewhere else? we are on 3.1

George

You said you had a 412, that normally does not have a directly connected dongle. You probably have a parallel or USB dongle now. So without having to go through an RMA replacement and re-issue of your license keys, you are somewhat stuck reinstalling what you had

Thanks guys. Any other place to get the Featured Key Server other than the Admin CD?

George

on the vmpro server, install the admin software. if admin is already installed, uninstall it.

choose custom when it comes up in the install wizard. click manager, call status, wiard, monitor, key server when installing. this should install the key server as a service on the vm pro server.

when putting the licenses into manager i suggest copy and paste from the original excel file to the manager license entry. then send the config with immediate reboot. restart vmpro server, or restart services, key server, and both vmpro services.

plug the dongle into yhe vmpro server. any questions reply back

this site is much easier to find the ipo downloads on than avaya.

it has most everything linked on one page. i use it for almost all the software, and pdf's i need, as well as tech tips, job aids, and other references.

If you are installing Admin CD onto Windows 2003 Server SP1, you may wish to check out TB113

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back