Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dongle error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roytwo

Technical User
Jun 17, 2008
US
We have had several dongle errors lately stating, no dongle in system. This stops us from changing passwords and other functions in regard to changes to mail boxes. Can someone tell me what is a dongle and where can I find it. I need to find out where hy8our problem is and how to correct it.

Where the Doogle is depends on the type of the CP, if it's a single card which resides in a shelf it's on the card itself and looks like a lithume battery. If its a sever then it should be on the back plane and it looks like a plug

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

This is on a server. Can I replace ltmyself, lf so, how do I do it or get the info on how to? Would lt be better to get our nortel vendor technlclan to test it and replace it if necessary. Any ideas as to why else I , am getting this dongle error?

No idea, and no you can't replace it yourself

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Dongle may be loose in the USB jack or it is defective. Contact your vender as they need to order a new one with the correct key code on it for your system.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back